Read Time:1 Minute, 20 Second
Article Link: http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/airquestions/AIR+for+TV
What tools do developers use to create AIR 2.5.1 apps for TVs?
Developers can use the following tools:
- AIR 2.6 SDK
- Flash Professional CS5 Extension for AIR 2.5 (now an integral feature in Flash Professional CS5.5)
- Flash Builder 4.5
Note: Developers can use the AIR 2.6 SDK for developing apps for AIR 2.5.1 for TV. In Flash Professional, set the publish settings to Adobe AIR 2.5. In Flash Builder, set the AIR namespace to 2.5 in the app descriptor file:
If you are using Flash Builder 4.5, you must do the following:
- Download the Flex 188.8.131.5276 SDK.
- Download the AIR 2.6 SDK.
- Copy each file from the AIR 2.6 SDK into the corresponding directory within the Flex 4.1 SDK, replacing the Flex original variants.
- To use this SDK within Flash Builder, select your project in the Flash Builder package explorer.
- Choose Project > Properties to open the project’s Properties dialog box.
- Select Flex Compiler in the list and then click the “Configure Flex SDKs” link to open the Preferences dialog box.
- Click the Add button, browse to the SDK, and then click OK until you get back to the project’s Properties dialog box.
- Click the “Use a specific SDK” option and then pick Flex 4.1 from the drop-down menu.
You must also replace the default WindowedApplication element with Application in your project’s MXML file.